Insider Media is the UK’s most successful regional B2B media company. Every year Editor of Insider Media, Douglas Friedli features 25 Entrepreneurs in Wales, also known as Rising Stars. We are pleased to confirm that the Founder of Glamdeva has been named as one of the 2020 Rising Stars.
Glamdeva is an online platform which connects customers with mobile hair and makeup professionals across the UK. The business has signed up almost 400 providers within the first few months of the launch, and has plans to expand even further in the UK, raise investment and expand internationally.
Gurinder Randeva, the Founder of Glamdeva, has been working hard on the development of the unique online platform which renders easy access for mobile hair and makeup artists across the UK. She started this venture in 2019 and has gained recognition over the past year.
It is extremely rewarding to have been recognised as a rising star 2020. The last few months have been particularly difficult due to the pandemic but this has not stopped us in wanting to achieve more and taking steady steps in being established as a national brand!
Being identified as a rising star has given myself and Glamdeva the recognition that every business strives for and we will definitely be taking advantage of this opportunity and keep the momentum going!
A huge well done to all those that have also been recognised as rising stars, this pandemic has certainly not diminished our passion and determination.
Whilst the past five months have been difficult for many businesses, the beauty industry has been one of the most affected and have not yet fully returned to full working capacity. Having said that, this time has been valuable for many artists. It has given them time to ensure that their working environments are clinically safe and have spent time sourcing the correct PPE for their business and training their staff further in health and safety.
Whilst they wait eagerly for close contact services to once again resume, artists are now more than ever determined and filled with passion to get their creative flair going. Glamdeva has been working on improving their services during this period too and are excited to finally launch Glamdeva 2.0 in the near future. The 2.0 version of Glamdeva will feature new tech’ developments which allow users (customers and providers) to interact with even more convenience.To follow the Glamdeva journey, please follow us on Instagram @Glamdeva.
Here are the 25 Rising Stars of 2020
- SINA YAMANI, Founder and chief executive, Yoello
- MARYSIA THOMPSON AND MARIA MARLING, Co-founders, Saveg
- SIMON FRASER, Managing director, Hut Six Security
- CALLUM GRIFFITHS, Managing director, Clydach Farm
- TOBY WHITE, Chief executive, MarketMate
- TOM PINDER, Director, Welsh Cheese Company
- EMILY TUNE, Trainee group director, New Directions Holdings
- ANNIE BROWNE, Director, Hello My PA
- JAMIE GRAHAM, Founder and head of product, Who Knows Wins
- ROB WEBB, Chief executive, Smart Solutions Recruitment
- JESSICA MORGAN, Co-founder and creative director, Tiny Wizard Studio
- STUART D’IVRY, Director, Pure Wealth Management
- LAURA-SHANNON HARDING, Fashion designer, Laura Shannon
- SIWAN REES, Entrepreneurship development manager, NatWest
- CHRIS MCDERMID, Director, MMEngineering
- WILLIAM RHYS-DAVIES, The brownie man, The Bake Shed
- JAMES GODMAN, Head brewer, Wilderness Brewery
- GURINDER RANDEVA, Founder of Glamdeva
- STEPHANIE LOCKE, Chief executive, Nightingale HQ
- DANIELLE ABERG, Director, CSR Co
- RICHARD POLLENTINE, Chief executive, Sober Drinks
- EMMA TAYLOR, Director of marketing and strategy, NetLet Properties
- TOM SIMMONS, Chef proprietor, Thomas by Tom Simmons
- TRYSTAN JONES, Chief executive, The Community Impact Initiative (Cii)